Tuesday 26 January 2010

Social studies can be fun too..


Today we chose a country for a project in social studies class. I couldn't decide between Australia and India. I noticed that Australia has their National Day today. I thought it must be a sign and my choice was clear, until I discovered India also has their National Day today. I was stunned. I like coincidences.

I chose India. Because of the tea and mango, I guess.
Want to know some fun facts?

  • Chess was invented in India
  • Algebra, Trigonometry and Calculus originated in India
  • India has the largest number of Post Offices in the world
  • Until 1896, India was the only source of diamonds in the world
  • India is the world's largest mango producer
  • India is the largest tea producer in the world
  • India is the world's number one producer of vegetarian cheese

I like India!

1 comment:

put a smile upon your face..